Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Keep Your Goals To Yourself!

I have long believed in the power of having a goal but have also thought it was very personal. Since I entered the fundraising profession I could never figure out why the practice was to tell the donor that it was important for them to give because of the goal the organization had. Never made sense. I mean how might you feel when you entered the car salesroom and the sales person came up to you and said, "Hi great to see you, I nee to sell 5 more cars this month for a bonus". That would so be not about the customer right?  Why have we ever thought this worked in our world, but certainly our industry retention numbers let us know how not about the customer we are.  But here is another poetential reason.   Enjoy


No comments:

Post a Comment